- is a trait shared by many leaders.
- is completely optional -- up to you whether you do it or not.
- is fed / encouraged by society and the media.
- never made anything better, despite the notion that you may think it keeps you on your toes.
- boils down to making up stories / lies to yourself and repeating them.
- shuts down your creativity.
- hampers your ability to solve problems by thinking through new possibilities.
- keeps you in "coping" mode.
- is a tremendous waste of time and energy for you, and those you lead.
Here's a leadership challenge for you: spend a day worry-free, starting right now.
It's not complicated--just decide, "I'm not going to worry about anything for today," and monitor your worrying behavior. When you catch yourself doing it, stop and remember your commitment.
Let me / us know what you think about that, and what you discover along the way!